2012 WCO Technology & Innovation Forum
6 March, 2012 - 9 March, 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The WCO is planning its Third Technology and Innovation Forum in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. In addition to demonstrating a wide range of new and emerging technologies, the 2012 Forum will focus on engaging all relevant stakeholders in discussions on the efficient use of technology at the border.
The objectives of the Forum are:
- Learn from the experiences of different stakeholders how to integrate business processes through technologies;
- Develop expertise on securing funding for technology projects;
- Offer technological solutions to assist daily border inspection activities;
- Learn from experiences of stakeholders including port, airport and freight facilities operators on site selection and logistical issues from the private sector perspective;
- Discover more about emerging technologies and innovations;
- Forge new partnerships and encourage the exchange of best practices in the sphere of using technologies and innovations between the stakeholders.
- Explore how new technologies and innovations can help you to tackle challenges in the border environment;
- Learn about the successful examples of the use of technologies by other agencies;
- Have your say in the specially designed sessions on a variety of issues related to the most effective responses to old and new problems.
- Establish and reinforce your company’s position in the Customs technology sector by taking a presence at this premier meeting;
- Benefit from face-to-face contact with a very specific target market and interact with high level decision makers on a cost effective and informal basis;
- Build market share and new customer relationships during challenging economic times;
- Update your market knowledge and learn about new developments in your sector from your fellow trade participants;
- Present the latest achievements of the technological progress as well as new business models directly to the potential clients.
Who will attend:
- Customs executives (Directors-General, Senior Operational Officers, Heads of Procurement Departments);
- Government officials (law-enforcement agencies etc.);
- International Organizations;
- Private Sector (Customs Brokers, Producers, Consultants, Importers & Exporters, Logistics & Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain, Transport Operators);
- Donor Organizations;
- Other interested organizations and businesses.