IPO Boot Camp 2013
Part I: Ready, Set, IPO… Experts Provide Insights Into How Companies Should Prepare for a Successful IPO
Part II: The IPO and Beyond…Experts Provide Insights About Preparing For Life as a Public Company
IPOs are once again in the news. While normally the summertime is a time when the financial community takes a breather, this summer promises to be different and will see a number of companies make their debuts. Some will succeed while others will languish. What separates the winners from the losers? A number of factors, actually; chief among them is preparation. Undertaking an IPO can be a long and arduous journey filled with pitfalls and the emergence of unexpected issues. On August 7, leading experts will provide insights on ways of making that journey a little easier while positioning a company for a successful IPO in a webinar entitled, “Ready, Set, IPO.” On August 14, the discussion will shift to a discussion about preparing for life as a public company.
These events are being co-hosted by CommPRO partners Onstream Media, a webcasting and service provider for SEC-regulated companies. Panelists include:
- Jeff Corbin, CEO – KCSA Strategic Communications
- Karl Deonanan, Vice President, Investor Relations – Quintiles
- Marc Drechsler, SVP, Head of Financial Communications – Ketchum
- Robert Fuchs, Executive Vice President – Sunrise Securities
- Keith Gottfried, Partner – Alston + Bird
- Darrell Heaps, Co-Founder & CEO – Q4 Web Systems
- Eric Stein, Esq. – Anslow + Jaclin, LLP
- Vinny Jindal, CEO and Co-Founder – Stockr, Inc.
- Carolyn E. Saacke, Managing Director – NYSE Euronext, Capital Markets Group
- Bradley H. Smith, Director of Marketing, Investor Relations and Compliance Services – PR Newswire
- Jillian Sidoti, Esq.– Law Office of Jillian Sidoti
- Leon Berman, Principal – The IGB Group
- Sheryl Joyce, Vice President, Marketing & Communications – Q4 Web Systems
These events will be archived and available online, on-demand immediately following each webinar.
CommPRO contributor and seasoned investor relations professional, Gene Marbach, will moderate the panel discussions.
Topics will include:
- Is your company ready for the glare of the spotlight?
- What are the alternatives to an IPO?
- Assembling a Board of Directors
- Choosing an investment banker and building the IPO team
- Selecting the right exchange for your company
- How does the media – both traditional and social – factor into the equation?
- Acting like a public company in advance of the IPO
- Preparing the S-1 filing
- Producing a winning road show presentation
- How to avoid the pitfalls
- The road show presentation
- Bulletproofing management through rigorous presentation training
- Capitalizing on the IPO event
- Preparing for life as a public company
- Disclosure training
- Develop protocols for handling investor and media inquiries, among others
- Policy development (e.g., sales by insiders, black out periods, etc.)
- Insuring deep after-market support through an investor targeting program
- Production of materials
- Preparing for the first quarterly conference call
- Use of internal and external investor relations resources
- Working with the media – both traditional and digital
Brought to you by:
This event is powered by Onstream Media. To learn more about Onstream's streaming and event services, please visit: www.onstreammedia.com.